Celebrity Lifestyles,Articles, Comics, Advertisement,News(Local & International),jokes all on these social platform.

WEATHER STATUS

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Entertainment Segun Demuren Is A Year Older Today; Banky W Shares Untold Story About Him


image
Co-EME owner and Former NCAA boss, Segun Demuren is a year older today. Banky W took to his Instagram page to share a picture of the boss and told a rather touching story of how he helped him back in the day.
Read it below…
About @segundemuren: The morning of Jan 1st 2009 was one of the worst of my life. I went to Church the night before to pray in the new year… and there I poured my heart out to God. You see, i moved back to Lag on Feb 14th 08. It was a tough decision quitting my well-paid engineering job in nyc and moving back, but I felt incomplete and unfulfilled. That decision however, led to a tough year. I had gained some small popularity in music, but fame comes way before fortune in my line of work.
So yes there were videos on tv, but I was flat out broke. I’d spent all my savings on my music business.. I was driving a beat down car that broke down on every possible major road in Lagos, and I had resorted to “borrowing” 5k from my manager weekly, to fuel my car and buy recharge cards. I’d started second guessing my decision. Shld I have moved back at all? Shld I have listened to folks and stayed in nyc? It was hard. I wasn’t getting any show bookings, infact Segun & I used to show up to events wayyy early just to make sure we could get inside, and times without number we wld beg & plead to get 5 mins to perform on shows only to get turned down. I was frustrated. Why wasn’t my music working here? Why couldnt ppl see what we saw? Maybe I wasnt meant to be here?And then after church that morning, I got accosted by armed robbers, driven around on the joy-ride-from-hell, roughed up, and robbed of everything on me. Phones, money, jewelry, ipod, hat, shoes, u name it.They kept threatening to shoot me, but I just kept praying psalm 91 and somehow I made it home to Segun’s house in one piece. And while I was grateful to be alive, I sunk into further depression. For a week plus I wouldn’t leave my room. I felt like my whole world had come crashing down, and like I had nothing to show for all my effort and prayers.And then Segun walked into my room and said “hey bro.. I know it’s really bad right now. But the good news is, this is rock bottom. U have hit it, and ur still alive. It can only get better from here, but U can’t let it defeat U. U gotta get up, dust it off, and channel all that nervous energy into making music again!!” I was in shock..

No comments: